Routine Dental Care
During your exam, you can expect:
- A medical history review. The dentist will assess how any new medical conditions or illnesses may affect your dental health.
- An oral examination. Your mouth will be checked for cracked or decayed teeth.
- An oral cancer screening. The face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums will be checked for any signs of oral cancer.
- A gum disease evaluation. Your gums and bone around the teeth will be checked for any evidence of periodontal disease.
- An examination of existing restorations. Current fillings, crowns, and other restorations are made sure to be in good order.
- Digital X-rays when needed. Digital X-rays provide several advanced imaging options designed to save time, provide clearer dental photos, and expose patients to less radiation than with traditional X-ray technology.
At Trinity Oaks Family Dental & Orthodontics, we recommend a dental cleaning twice per year, too. Because, even with careful brushing and flossing it is still difficult to ensure teeth are 100% free of plaque and tartar at home. Our staff will carefully clear your mouth of any build-up and will polish your teeth and floss thoroughly.